Drop-in for heavy duty applications
Drop-in anchors are female concrete-only anchors designed for heavy loads, commonly used in conjunction with threaded rods for applications here the bolt/threaded rod needs to be inserted and removed, such as hanging equipment (HVAC, pipes, cable trays).
Drop-in anchors from T&I Chalmers Engineering are easy to install with a hammer and a setting tool that creates a strong fixture for static loads. If you don’t already have a setting tool, make sure to add one to your order. Also remember to specify the material grade and coating.
|QTY PER BOX/|
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use drop-in anchors?
- Drill the hole to the correct size and depth. If the hole is too big the anchor will not set properly.
- Remove debris from the hole.
- Insert the anchor into the hole.
- Insert the setting tool into the anchor and strike the back of the tool with a hammer until there’s a solid sound.
- Insert the bolt through the fixture and tighten to secure it.
How do you size drop-in anchors?
Drop-in anchors are sized by both their thread size and their anchor length. For example, if you wanted a drop-in anchor with thread size of M12 and anchor length of 50mm, you would order a M12x50 drop-in anchor.
What is the pull-out load for drop-in anchors?
Refer to the drop-in anchor table for estimated pull-out loads.